Polling Time

Hallo Alex,

klasse Seite! Habe hier schone einige Lösungen gefunden! Danke an alle die sich hier bemühen den Neulingen unter die Arme zu greifen!

Kann mit bitte jemand kurz erklären, was im Fibaro Motion Eye eine Polling Zeit von “0” bedeutet? Ich habe versucht in der Bedienungsanleitung einen Hinweis zu finden, aber das war erfolglos!

Danke im Voraus!
Gruß Det

Hi,
in welchem Zusammenhang steht hier die “Polling Zeit”?
Bei einem Parameter?

VG
Hoggle

Hi Det,

sowas hört man immer gerne, schön zu wissen das man euch weiterhelfen kann/konnte :slight_smile:

Polling Time ist normaler weise die Zeitabfrage der Module wo sie vom System überprüft werden ob sie noch erreichbar sind.

Welches System hast du denn, HCL oder HC2?
Hat der Motion Sensor überhaupt eine Polling Time Einstellung oder meinst du die Wake up Time ?

Gruß

Hi Alex, Hi Hoogle

ich nutze die HCL! Der Motion Sensor hat unter Advanced Settings diese Option! Default Wert ist “0”! Ich habe den Wert auf 900 erhöht, in der Annahme, dass ich jetzt jede viertel Stunde neue Werte erhalte!

Die Wakeup Time wird separat angegeben. Das ist es ja was ich nicht verstehe! Wo liegt der Unterschied?
VG Det

Motion-Eye.jpg

Spannend, unter der HC2 (4.042) habe ich diesen Wert dort nicht.

Motion-Sensor.jpg

Da schließ ich mich Hoggle an, diesen Wert habe ich bei mir auch nicht.

Schau mal bei dem Motion Sensor nach Parameter 42 und 62, dort kannst du die Zeit einstellen wann der LUX und die TEMP aktualisiert werden soll.

Gruß

Denke mal das du die PollingTime separat einstellen kannst und somit die Generelle Zeitabfrage vom System ausgrenzt.
Kann bei der HC2 z.b. 300 sek einstellen was sich dann auf alle Module bezieht und des Weiteren bei einigen Modulen die Zeit ändern und dadurch den einzelnen Modulen eine eigene Zeit zuordnen.

Gehe davon aus das der Wert “0” dann die Polling Time vom System ist.

siehe hier mehr:
http://forum.fibaro.com/index.php?/topic/18751-script-to-summarize-wake-up-interval-and-polling-time-interval/#entry67603

Polling interval

This is the time between “polls” and a poll is the controller asking for the device to send information. Only mains powered devices have their radio switched on at all times, so they can respond to this request whenever the controller asks. But what with a battery device? If the controller ask something while the device sleeps (and that’s almost always), it can’t receive the poll. I don’t know how Fibaro implemented it, but there are 2 possibilities: either the poll is queued or it is discarded. There is a hint how it’s done: have you looked at the interface lately? Then you have noticed that a battery device does not have the “polling” settings. In my own opinion, polling indeed doesn’t apply to battery powered devices.

What should we do with polling? Is polling necessary? First of all, I remember cases of users that where unhappy without polling, as it was disabled in the earlier 4.X versions. I once owned a device myself, that did not report status to the controller: a simple switch. No polling means: the controller doesn’t know the state of the switch when operated locally. But if you have a look at the technical documentation of your device, you’re likely to find a “reporting group”. And if it’s Z-Wave plus, having such a group is part of the standard. That means the device sends data to the controller, when something interesting happens.

What’s the issue with polling? Polling causes network traffic. And that may introduce delays from and to your devices. It depends on network size, network design, code and device types. I have 37 mains powered devices (43 battery), and I can tell the difference between polling on and off. The polling traffic is very likely unnecessary traffic. I would disable polling. If HC2 is wrong about the status of a device, verify if “1” is in the reporting group (see device manual). To my knowledge, none of the Fibaro devices need polling.

One more thing. The “polling” and “wake up” interval can be put on the same report, in the same column, because they cannot occur together. If it’s a battery powered device, it can’t be polled because the device switches off its radio when it’s sleeping. And when it’s a mains powered device, its radio is always on, so “wake up” doesn’t apply.